Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beauty

Jen wanted to watch an inspirational movie today. Of course, her first choice was Into the Wild. Not sure how that's "inspirational." I finally convinced her to watch Last Holiday. It's a little cheesy, definitely predictable, and I normally do not like chick flicks, but I really kind of like this movie. And, I gotta tell you, I am feeling inspired.

You know those girls who always seem to be put together? You know, they could be wearing mismatched socks and a stained shirt and still make beauty look effortless? Well, that's not me. I mean, I wash up pretty good, but the party better be over within four hours 'cause I am guaranteed to have spilled something somewhere, make-up starting to drip down my face, and hair that's looking a little prehistoric.

I'm not really making a statement about beauty here. Actually, I'm trying to say the opposite. I don't want to be remembered as the pretty girl who never said/did anything. I want to care a little less about what the world sees and care a little more about the journey.

I talked last time about New Year's resolutions. I have three that I am (yes, am) working on this year. They are: to be healthy mentally, emotionally, and physically. And with that thought in mind, may I quote a line from the movie: "it is not how you begin that's important, it is how you finish."

2 comments:

  1. Funny, because I have always considered you the pretty girl that knows stuff--about beauty and other things (like writing papers, etc.). I think we could all improve with your three resolutions. I wanted to think of something to say other than good luck...but I couldn't think of anything else so...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't too bad of a movie. But it did make me cry a little bit. :( So after watching that movie are we ready to live life to the fullest? Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete